1. Motor Nerve (neurone) (up to a meter long) Links our co-donator/receptor to our effector.
- has tiny branches at each end
- and a long fibre to carry the electrical implues/signals from the cell body to the Synaptic Knob (connected to the muscle)
- in mammals, the axon is surrounded by a Schwann cell - which contain fat to increase the speed of nerve conduction.
2. Endocrine System
Endocrine Gland produces hormones
- hormones can be Proteins or Steroids
- hormones are secreted into the blood
- they arrive at the "Target tissue/organ"
- Hormones may have multiple targets and there for multiple effects.