How plants respond to stimuli:
1. Stimuli are changes in the environment. Eg: Temp, light.
2. The plant has "Receptors" which can recognize the stimuli, & then change it into a "Response."
3. The response is often "Growth", which is called a "Tropism."
There are three types of stimuli that include tropisms that change the shape of the body.
1. Light-phototropism, = the growth of a plant shoot towards or away from the light.
2. Touch-thigmotropism, = the direction growth that is a response to touch.
3. Gravity-gravitropism, = is a response to gravity.